At the spiritual eye, the light of God shines. This is the inner door that leads the soul’s awareness into the realm of the divine glory of God. God dwells in each person, and can be known when one enters the sanctuary of pure, illumined consciousness. - Lahiri Mahasaya
Nabhi Kriya to Set The Navel Centre - Kundalini Yoga
this kriya changed me. when I first started my teacher training course, someone advised me that to be a good teacher, it’s important to practice nabhi kriya for 40 days. despite finding it absurdly difficult at the time, i wanted to be the best teacher i could possibly be so i went for it. this kriya built my confidence, helped me to assert and project myself, motivated and inspired me, built my personal power, helped me find balance within myself, gave me a greater knowing of my own personal identity (and of course it gave me a stomach of steel!). some people have gone as far as to say this kriya has saved their life! if need be, half time the exercises and build up to the full time. close your eyes, do your best, and take a walk to the sky. good luck sweet ones <3
Nabhi refers to the nerve plexus around the navel point. This set focuses on developing the strength of the navel point. Times indicated are for advanced students. To begin practice, start with 3 to 5 minutes for the longer exercises. Together, these exercises get the abdominal area in shape quickly and activate the power of the Third Chaka.
1) Alternate Leg Lifts. On back, inhale and lift right leg up to 90 degrees. Exhale and lower it. Repeat with left leg. Continue alternate leg lifts with deep powerful breathing for 10 minutes.
This is for the lower digestive area.
2) Leg Lifts. Without pause lift both legs up to 90 degrees on inhale and lower them on exhale. For balance and energy, have the arms stretched straight up palms facing each other. 5 minutes.
This is for the upper digestion and solar plexus.
3) Knees to chest. Bend knees and clasp them to chest with the arms, allowing the head to relax back. Rest in this position for 5 minutes.
This eliminates gas and relaxes the heart.
4) Beginning in position 3, inhale, open the arms straight out to the sides on the ground and extend the legs straight out to 60 degrees. Exhale and return to original position. Repeat and continue for 15 minutes.
This charges the magnetic field and opens the navel center.
5) Leg Lift. On back bring left knee to the chest, hold it there with both hands and rapidly raise the right leg up to 90 degrees and down, inhaling up, exhaling down, for 1 minute. Switch legs and repeat for 1 minute. Repeat the complete cycle once more.
This sets the hips and lower spine.
6) Front Bends. Stand up straight, raising arms overhead, hugging ears and press fingers back so that palms face the sky or ceiling. Exhale as you bend forward to touch the ground, keeping the arms straight and hugging ears, and inhale up, very slowly with deep breathing. On exhale apply mulbandh. Continue at a slow pace for 2 minutes, then more rapidly for 1 more minute.
This is for the entire spinal fluid and the aura.
7) Totally relax or meditate for l0 minutes.
let all that hard work work for you x
As soon as am able to bend my knee normally I will be doing this every morning <3 Happy healing
This technique is called Pran Mudra
This is called the Mudra of Life as it improves our vital life force and empowers our life from the inside out.
Bend the ring finger and the little finger and touch the tip of the thumb with their tips keeping the remaining two fingers stretched upward and together. Do this with both hands placing them comfortably by your side or on your lap while relaxing the shoulders.
Taking deep and complete breaths begin observing the sensations in your body. If you are feeling you need more energy, focus on extending your inhale twice the duration of your complete exhale. If you are feeling at all anxious or nervous, try elongating your exhale twice as long as your deep inhale.
Can you feel the energy between your fingertips? Do you notice some softening in any tight areas? What colors and textures does your mind’s eye see? Notice any thoughts that arise while trying not to follow any specific line of thought. Just keep returning to your Body Current™ by focusing your awareness on your breath and the sensations in your body.
You can do this anywhere, anytime for however long you wish! There are no contraindications and the side effects are great :0) ! Enjoy this simple and accessible technique whenever you need a bit more balance and ease.
*Balances the adrenals and nervous system
*Balances the right and left hemispheres of the brain
*Calms the limbic system
Happy Balancing to you!
doing this actually calms me down when I feel a panic attack coming! =)
All is Holy. (Cosmin DanilaPhotography)
Kundalini Friday!! Joind me this morning for a sweet set working on the heart at Yoga Yoga South (Austin TX) - Sat Nam
“Learn how to notice “opportunities” no matter what is happening around you. Discover how to see the “good news” in situations that appear “bad.” Get empowered as you realize your own ability to change how you feel about your circumstances, by changing your attitude.” ~unknown
What is meditation? Becoming one with the soul. It means banishing the consciousness of being related to the body and to human limitations, and trying to remember that one is a soul. Meditation brings proof of the existence of God
- Paramahansa Yogananda